Established in 2002, UniKL Library was initially set up to serve the academic community within and around UniKL campuses. It started from a humble beginning when it first operated at level 11 of the Pertama Complex, a shopping complex, in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman. UniKL Library then moved to the new city campus at Menara Wawasan, Jalan Sultan Ismail on 12th June 2006.
On 20th August 2016, UniKL Library has changed it’s name to Tunku Azizah Knowledge Centre. At the moment, we are serving more than 23,000 students.
To provide inclusive, responsive and accessible library and information services which will supports the academic program and meeting the needs and demands of UniKL communities.
Tunku Azizah Knowledge Centre will be an excellent hub for learning resources and facilities that will greatly improve the student information and knowledge experience, center for creativity and innovation as well as being a center for collaborative learning, teaching and research for the University.
|User Category||Number of Book||Duration|
|Undergraduate Students||6||2 Week|
|Postgraduate Student||12||1 Month|
|Full time Lecturer||12||1 Month|
|Part time Lecturer||2||2 Week|
|Administration Staff||6||2 Week|
Inter Library Loan (ILL)
The library can obtain materials that are not in our collection from other libraries, whether through Inter-branch loans, Libraries of Local Public Institution of Higher Learning, Private institutions of Higher Learning, Government departments / Ministries & other bodies. UniKL Library offers ILL and Document Delivery services to facilitate library users as well as a library members.
|Category||Free||No of Book|
|UniKL Student / Staff||Free||1|
|External Member / Other Libraries||Postage Cost||1|
Responsibility of Borrowers
- Items charged out on a personal identification card remain the responsibility of the individual named on that card. All eligible borrowers are expected to have a current address and the latest phone number in the patron record.
- Books can be renewed in person or twice over online provided there is no reservation.
- Borrowers are responsible for recalls at all times, they should make arrangements for responding to the recall and the prompt return of the item(s) to the Library.
- Borrowers are responsible for returning materials on time and in good condition, without evidence of defacement, mutilation, or water damage.
- As a reminder, the borrower will receive an email notification and a date due slip is placed in all materials.
- Library materials should be returned to a staff member at the Circulation Counter located on the 14th floor or they can be dropped in the book drop located at the entrance of the library.
- Materials are overdue/ lost/damaged, fines and penalties will be imposed on the respective borrower.
Fines imposed for the late materials
Open Shelf and Red Spot
UniKL Students and Staff
RM 0.20 per book per day late
RM50.00 maximum late fee
RM 1.00 per book per day late
RM50.00 maximum late fee
InterLibrary Loan (ILL)
Individual/member from other libraries who has overdue materials (more than 3 months) will be blacklisted from getting the privilege in the future.
- A full-time library staff member will determine the extent of an item’s damage. Damage can include but is not limited to, water damage, stains, writing or highlighting, burns, missing pages, broken spine, or scratches.
- Borrowers will be charged an RM30.00 fee for each badly damaged item needing repairs.
An item will be considered lost when
- Findings are reported after library stock-taking activity
- Reported by borrower
- Reported by user and searching has been done 3 times over a period of 1 month
Fines imposed for lost material
- Lost books: cost of replacement (current price of books) plus RM25.00 administrative fee plus a late fee for each book
- Lost discussion room key: cost of replacement as per cost stated
- Library Counter staff will list down all borrowers who recorded unsettled overdue/ lost and/or fines before the end of every semester.
- Any borrower who has recorded a lost item or fines exceeding RM 50.00 will be suspended from loan privilege until they settled the amount due.
- For final semester students, they will need to get clearance from library. Any borrower who have recorded lost item or fines exceeded RM 50.00, will be recorded into penalty charging system for further action by Finance Department.
All full time and part time UniKL staff and students are automatically member of Tunku Azizah Knowledge Centre (TAKC)
Category Annual Fee ( reference only) Annual Fee (reference and loan) Eligibilty Student and Academician from other Institution (PERPUN Member) Free RM 250 2 Books / 2 Weeks Student and Academician from other Institution (Not PERPUN Member) RM 100 RM 500 2 Books / 2 Weeks Corprate Member (up to 10 members) RM 1,000 RM 2,000 2 Books / 2 Weeks Individual RM 100 RM 500 2 Books / 2 Weeks UniKL Retirees Free RM 100 (life time) 2 Books / 2 Weeks UniKL Alumni Free RM 200 2 Books / 2 Weeks Daily Member RM 20 NA Reference Only
1. Only registered members (students and staff of UniKL) or those who had permission are allowed to enter the library and use the provided services.
2. Silence will be strictly observed in the library. Hand phones must be switched off before entering the library. Users can bring in their hand phones but not permitted to receive and make any calls
3. Patrons without I.D cards and not properly attire (with slippers, sleeveless shirts, round neck t-shirt, short pants/Bermudas, jeans) are not allowed into the Library. (Follow students/Staff code of conduct)
4. Reservation of seats is not permitted. Books and other articles left on the tables or chairs will be removed by the Library staff.
5. Patrons are not allowed to make heavy noise, sleeping and doing something that may attract attentions and affecting the learning environment of the library.
6. Eating, drinking and smoking are not permitted within library premises.
7. Bags excluding handbag, cases, files, folders are not allowed to be taken into the Library. Those materials must be left near the entrance/exit.
8. Bag excluding handbag; helmet and umbrella are not allowed to be brought into the library. Patrons may put those things at the baggage storage room outside the library.
9. Anything of value should not be left unattended in the Library. The Library does not take responsibility for the loss or damaged of such items.
10. Patrons are not allowed to remove or to change the arrangement of chairs or tables in the Library.
11. Patrons caught mutilating or committing theft of library material will be sent to Disciplinary Board.
12. Library staffs have the right to ask anyone causing disturbances to leave the library.
13. Patrons may be required to show all books and items they carry for inspection at the exit gate before leaving the Library. ( Especially when the alarm triggered)
14. Patrons found breaking library rules will have their library privileges suspended.
*All patrons must follow all the rules issued for the UniKL Library.
TUNKU AZIZAH KNOWLEDGE CENTRE
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR,
1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 – 2175 4000
+603 – 2175 4443
CONNECT WITH #TAKC