University Kuala Lumpur Library,founded in 2002 is among the youngest academic library in Malaysia, formed to support a learning community.Our relatively youth and manageable size have allowed us to grow responsively with the campus and its program and to innovate and adapt with agility to new information technology.
As an essential teaching and research center,the library emphasizes instruction,reference services, on site and remote to information in print and electronic formats, development of information literacy and management of it's collections.The library provides resources and support for the University's major functions - teaching,scholarship and creative activity.
In all of our interactions, we are guided by these values : C.I.T.I.E
- We embrace the fact that our clients are at the core of all we do.
- We are committed to getting better every day in all we do, as individuals and as teams.
- We maintain a comfortable, welcoming and secure place to study, research and interaction.
- We believe that each user is unique and important.
- We work diligently to exceed the expectations of those we serve
- We promote the highest standards of our profession.
- We believe that every user has equitable access to information.
- We demonstrate strong work ethic and following through our commitment.
- We relate to each other with honesty and candor.
- We embrace our role as collectors and custodians of the intellectual records.
- We strive together to achieve define results.
- We are willing to be held jointly accountable for achieving results .
- We engage in open and honest communication at all levels.
- We share information and solicit opinions about decisions that affect the success of the library.
- We encourage the process of learning and the life of the mind.
- We provide an environment that is inclusive and diverse to foster creative ideas.
- We evolve continuously, innovate and improve services and processes to meet the changing needs of its users.
- We commit ourselves to excellence
- We seek out the best people and resources to accomplish our work
- We embark on quality service strategy to provide high quality and prompt services whenever needed.
To provide inclusive,responsive and accessible library and information services which will supports the academic program and meeting the needs and demands of UniKl communities.
The Library fulfills it mission by:
- Selecting and acquiring resources in a variety of formats of sufficient quality,size and diversity to support the educational programs of the university.
- Providing access to resources located both in the library and from locations outside the library.
- Educating the college communities in the effective utilization and evaluation of information resources through reference and information literacy instruction,providing a foundation for life long learning.
- Providing a comfortable and inviting physical environment that is conducive to individual and collaborative learning,study,research and social interaction.
- Attracting,developing and supporting a capable and diverse staff to effectively provide and manage the Library's resources,services and programs.
- Evaluating and monitoring Library services,resources and facilities to ensure that they respond to the changing needs and demands of students and faculty.
- Fostering and maintaining cooperative relationships with the faculty,administration and students of the university and with the broader community served by the library.
- Cooperating and sharing resources with other libraries both regionally and nationally.
The UniKL library will be an excellent hub for learning resources and facilities that will greatly improve the student information and knowledge experience,center for creativity and innovation as well as being a center for collaborative lerning,teaching and research for the University.